What makes screen printing the best printing technique for bulk orders?
Depending on what your client prefers, you have to choose an appropriate T-shirt printing method. This will also make it easy to sell your designs. Garment personalisation has become very easy, and it comes with a lot of expectations. People want to get their garments customised in a variety of ways. The different T-shirt printing techniques cater to the varying needs of the customers. However, screen-printing has emerged as the most popular printing technique when it comes to bulk orders.
Screen printing method
It is the most popular and oldest method of T-shirt printing, and you can do it both manually and also with the help of a machine. The reason has made screen printing so famous that it is most apt for bulk orders. The ink used in screen printing is much thicker than other T-shirt printing methods. Hence the colour stays much longer, and it looks very vibrant in appearance. However, it would be best if you used high-quality ink to get the best results as low-quality ink will fade away quickly. There are companies like Tshirt Printing Bar offering premium printing mechanisms.
Process of screen printing
There are various processes involved in screen printing method of fabric designing:
- In every printing method, you first have to create your design; you can do this with the help of designing software.
- You should save the image in vector format rather than keeping it in pixel format. In vector format, you can alter the size of the image without affecting the quality.
- Photosensitive emulsion coats the mesh screen. This leads to the formation of a green background. It is an easy technique, but only if there is even distribution of the liquid.
- For photosensitive emulsion to work correctly, you should let it dry in a cool and dark environment.
- Separate the screen for different colours. If you have two colours, you should use two screens.
- After the screen is ready, you can start the actual printing process if you are using multiple colours, for each screen, you have to follow this process.
- It is also vital to ensure that the ink successfully forms a bond with the fabric. Thus heat is required to increase the temperature of the ink.
Pros of the technique
Screen printing owes its popularity to the fact that after setting it up once you can print hundreds of T-shirts at a lightning speed. It is also compatible with most fabrics; however, you have to mix the ink properly.
This method also has some disadvantages. It is challenging to do it at home because it can be a messy affair. When you are dealing with ink, it might lead to spillage. To set up a screen printing; you need a lot of space to do it adequately. The scope for artwork placement is also quite limited in this type of printing method. Moreover, the place you are working should also be dust-free for the preservation of ink on the screen.
Screen printing is a more widely used method when it comes to taking up large orders.